Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rock Painting Tutorial

I found this fairly simple rock tutorial that I took a little further in order to create a full on rock scene. It's amazing how a couple of simple tips can improve your digital painting. Of course I also, incorporated some of my own knowledge. I started this piece following the tutorial (different reference image) and to the end I painted underneath the overlayed image. Then I flattened the image and went over it in one layer. Finally, I timed myself to 30 minutes.



and here is the tutorial I used:
Link

2 comments:

  1. Nice little tutorial on rocks. I tried to imitate the rock he did in the tutorial and it came out great. Nice little trick to do when you have rocks in a digital painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice, I chose to do this tutorial since I'm going to be modeling them in Maya! It's short and sweet and hits the points in needs to clearly.

    ReplyDelete